Can Roger Federer win his 8th Wimbledon title this year?
Wimbledon 2014 is nearing conclusion. Only three matches remain before we have a new champion at SW19. Out of the four semi-finalists is one a former champion – Novak Djokovic, two are young challengers – Grigor Dimitrov (22) and Milos Raonic (23) and fourth is the legendary seven-time Wimbledon champion – Roger Federer.
He may not be at the peak of his powers, but when it comes to grass of the All England Club, one can never count out Roger Federer. With big names like defending champion Andy Murray and world no.1 Rafael Nadal already out of the way, Federer will take on Milos Raonic in his semi-final.
The biggest hurdle to Federer`s quest will come in the form of Novak Djokovic. The world no.2 faces Andy Murray`s slayer, 22-year-old Grigor Dimitrov in the other semi-final. The Serbian, however is expected to beat his opponent and set-up the dream final against Federer.
So far, this tournament has not gone as per script. The big serving Raonic may turn out to be a handful for Federer who is expected to display his class on grass and breeze past his opponent in inimitable style at Wimbledon.
Will the old master reign supreme again at the All England Club? Or will the youth brigade upset the apple cart?
We at Zeenews.com invite you to post your comments and tell us whether Roger Federer can win Wimbledon - his 18th Grand Slam or not?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid