Can the Aussies face India`s spinners?
Manoj Tiwary recently criticized the Australian batting line-up for their lack of technique, especially when it comes to spin bowlers. Their display in the warm-up game against India A further reinforced that argument as not only did the Aussies suffer the embarrassment of being made to follow-on by a fringe Indian squad, but they also lost all their wickets to two spinners.
Rakesh Dhurv and Jalaj Saxena aren’t yet in the reckoning for a place in the Indian squad and even they tormented the Aussies, grabbing 11 of the 13 wickets that the men from down under lost through the 3-day game. The former snapped up 6, the latter got 5 while the other two batsmen were run out.
With Indian conditions obviously favouring the spinners and the perennial Aussie tormentor Harbhajan Singh back into the line-up, will the Aussies negotiate the turners adequately or will their failing technique against them spell a miserable series for the team from Oz?
We at Zeenews.com invite you to post your comments and tell us whether the Aussies have what it takes to play Harbhajan Singh and co in the upcoming India-Australia Test series.
Post your comments and let us know what you think.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head