Did Shahid Afridi deserve harsher punishment for his ball tampering act?
Pakistani all-rounder and their T20 captain Shahid Afridi has been suspended for two Twenty20 internationals after television cameras caught him biting the ball during his side`s two-wicket defeat to Australia during the last ODI in Perth.
Afridi, who was captaining the side, was seen putting the ball to his mouth and apparently biting down on the surface of the ball.
In a hearing straight after the close, match referee Ranjan Madugalle imposed two suspension points on the all-rounder, equating to two T20 matches for his country.
Some cricket pundits slammed Shahid Afridi`s two-match ban for ball tampering, claiming the International Cricket Council (ICC) should have punished the Pakistan all-rounder more severely.
On the other hand, some people went on such an extent so as to suggest that the ball tampering should be legalized to give the bowlers a certain edge in the face of a total domination by the batsmen.
We at Zeecric.com want to get reactions from our readers: What ICC should do in ball-tampering issue? Should exemplary punishments be taken against the players indulging in ball tampering? Or, Should ICC legalize it to make it a level playing field for both the batsmen and the bowlers?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to get cheaper; circle rates might be slashed
- Shame! This man approached UP Police to register complaint, was forced to polish cops' shoes instead – Watch
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?