Do India have bench strength to cope last minute injury scare?
Following Zaheer Khan`s absence due to shoulder injury, the Indian squad in Sri Lanka faced a horrible fitness problem with fast bowler S Sreesanth returning home due to a knee injury. The news sent shivers down to the Indian camp’s preparations as India will now be without two frontline first choice bowlers in the Island nation which hasn’t been a good hunting ground for Indians.
On one hand, Indian selectors picked rookie Abhimanyu Mithun to replace Zaheer Khan whereas Munaf Patel, who last made an international appearance in November 2009, has been named Sreesanth’s replacement.
Experts say that the selectors did not have a wider range to choose from either, as the likes of Irfan Pathan, RP Singh, Ashish Nehra and Praveen Kumar lack the physical strength to cope up with the gruelling pressure of a five-day match.
The loss of these pace merchants will stretch India`s fast bowling reserves even further because that`s the one department in which they have been found wanting in recent months.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers if they think that Indian team has dependable bench strength to manage last minute breakdown of a regular player. Please post your comments to let us know:
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'