Do spinners have the most important role in T20 cricket?
Contrary to popular belief that Twenty20 cricket would be a deathbed for the spin bowlers, the tweakers have done well ever since the inception of the shortest version of the game.
A close look at this year’s IPL wicket-takers’ list suggests that spinners like Pragyan Ojha, Amit Mishra, Muttiah Muralitharan and Anil Kumble have been the leading bowlers of their respective teams.
However, some cricket pundits are still not convinced that T20 is a spinner’s game. They suggest that it’s much easier to hit a spinner out of the park than a pace bowler. Since the IPL matches are being played in India, spinners are thriving and it’s ultimately pace, not spin, which is the recipe for T20 success, they say.
Will the spinners continue to rule the T20 arena or will they remain as the ultimate whipping boys of cricket?
Let us know your view on this issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy