Do spinners have the most important role in T20 cricket?
Contrary to popular belief that Twenty20 cricket would be a deathbed for the spin bowlers, the tweakers have done well ever since the inception of the shortest version of the game.
A close look at this year’s IPL wicket-takers’ list suggests that spinners like Pragyan Ojha, Amit Mishra, Muttiah Muralitharan and Anil Kumble have been the leading bowlers of their respective teams.
However, some cricket pundits are still not convinced that T20 is a spinner’s game. They suggest that it’s much easier to hit a spinner out of the park than a pace bowler. Since the IPL matches are being played in India, spinners are thriving and it’s ultimately pace, not spin, which is the recipe for T20 success, they say.
Will the spinners continue to rule the T20 arena or will they remain as the ultimate whipping boys of cricket?
Let us know your view on this issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!