Do spinners have the most important role in T20 cricket?
Contrary to popular belief that Twenty20 cricket would be a deathbed for the spin bowlers, the tweakers have done well ever since the inception of the shortest version of the game.
A close look at this year’s IPL wicket-takers’ list suggests that spinners like Pragyan Ojha, Amit Mishra, Muttiah Muralitharan and Anil Kumble have been the leading bowlers of their respective teams.
However, some cricket pundits are still not convinced that T20 is a spinner’s game. They suggest that it’s much easier to hit a spinner out of the park than a pace bowler. Since the IPL matches are being played in India, spinners are thriving and it’s ultimately pace, not spin, which is the recipe for T20 success, they say.
Will the spinners continue to rule the T20 arena or will they remain as the ultimate whipping boys of cricket?
Let us know your view on this issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender