Has Suresh Raina proved to be a better middle-order Test batsman than Yuvraj Singh?
With a knock of 120 and becoming only 12th Indian to score a century on debut, Suresh Raina has announced himself as one of the top contenders to fill in the big space in middle order of Indian Test batting lineup which went vacant after Saurav Ganguly’s retirement.
Raina, who has been a member of the Indian cricket team for ODIs since July 2005, and was included in the Test squad in early 2006, did not make his test debut until the second test against Sri Lanka on the 26th July 2010.
Competing Raina for the same Test spot is dashing southpaw Yuvraj Singh who made his Test debut against New Zealand in Mohali in late 2003 but has only played 34 Tests since and has been a regular in-and-out from the playing XI for his lack of form and fitness.
Though Yuvraj average a modest 35.63 in his Test career but he has not been able to cement his place in Test side permanently.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers if they think that Suresh Raina has proved to be a better middle-order Test batsman than Yuvraj Singh and should be India’s first choice to play in Indian middle-order. Please post your comments to let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video