Is BCCI right in opposing UDRS?
Yet another important Test series against England for the Indian cricket team and once again there will be no Decision Review System (DRS).
It is said that after India used UDRS in a series against Sri Lanka, a lot of reviews went against them and this is the reason for this reluctance on accepting UDRS. Reportedly, M S Dhoni and Sachin Tendulkar are opposed to the system.
Another critiscm regarding the Decision Review system is that, it is not so fool-proof. The Hawk eye system has had flaws which was evident in the recently concluded World Cup. The Hot Spot, currently being employed for England-Sri Lanka series is far better and accurate than Hawk eye. But it is quite costly and broadcasters tend to shy away from using it.
We at Zeecric.com would like to ask your opinion on whether there is a need for bettering the UDRS or BCCI’s reluctance in using the system which has clearly helped in decision making for the umpires is un called for.
Post your comments and let us know:
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview