Is Indian team ready for a life without Sachin Tendulkar?
Former India captain Kapil Dev has advised Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his blue brigade to not overly depend on batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar.
Tendulkar, who has been the mainstay of Indian batting line-up for the past two decades, is nearing an inevitable stage that will soon have him being termed as ‘former Indian cricketer’. His absence will surely leave a hole not only in the Indian team but the cricketing world as well.
The time is ripe for the ‘young guns’ of Indian cricket team to step up and prove their mettle to complete the transition stage that began with the retirement of Sourav Ganguly and Anil Kumble in 2008. However, still doubts are being raised as to whether the team is ready for that.
We at Zeenews.com are asking you whether Indian team is ready for a life after Tendulkar. Is Kapil Dev right in his assessment of the team being too reliant on Sachin?
Post your comment and let us know what you think.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university