Is Indian team ready for a life without Sachin Tendulkar?
Former India captain Kapil Dev has advised Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his blue brigade to not overly depend on batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar.
Tendulkar, who has been the mainstay of Indian batting line-up for the past two decades, is nearing an inevitable stage that will soon have him being termed as ‘former Indian cricketer’. His absence will surely leave a hole not only in the Indian team but the cricketing world as well.
The time is ripe for the ‘young guns’ of Indian cricket team to step up and prove their mettle to complete the transition stage that began with the retirement of Sourav Ganguly and Anil Kumble in 2008. However, still doubts are being raised as to whether the team is ready for that.
We at Zeenews.com are asking you whether Indian team is ready for a life after Tendulkar. Is Kapil Dev right in his assessment of the team being too reliant on Sachin?
Post your comment and let us know what you think.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan