Is Indian team ready for a life without Sachin Tendulkar?
Former India captain Kapil Dev has advised Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his blue brigade to not overly depend on batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar.
Tendulkar, who has been the mainstay of Indian batting line-up for the past two decades, is nearing an inevitable stage that will soon have him being termed as ‘former Indian cricketer’. His absence will surely leave a hole not only in the Indian team but the cricketing world as well.
The time is ripe for the ‘young guns’ of Indian cricket team to step up and prove their mettle to complete the transition stage that began with the retirement of Sourav Ganguly and Anil Kumble in 2008. However, still doubts are being raised as to whether the team is ready for that.
We at Zeenews.com are asking you whether Indian team is ready for a life after Tendulkar. Is Kapil Dev right in his assessment of the team being too reliant on Sachin?
Post your comment and let us know what you think.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case