Is Sachin greater than Bradman?
Even as accolades poured in from all quarters for Sachin Tendulkar after his historic double hundred in Gwalior on Wednesday, former England skipper Nasser Hussain said the knock - the first-ever 200 in the 50-over game - should settle the debate on who is the greatest of all time, Tendulkar or Don Bradman.
"I have never liked comparisons between great players, but after Wednesday`s incredible game it must be said Sachin Tendulkar is the greatest of all time," Hussain wrote in his column.
"Better than Brian Lara and Ricky Ponting, the other two great players of my era. Better than Viv Richards, Sunil Gavaskar and Allan Border. And I would even say better than Don Bradman himself. Now that he has the first double hundred in a One-Day International he has swung it for me."
Hussain said Sachin`s undiminished enthusiasm for the game even after two decades of top-flight cricket was remarkable. "That extraordinary drive and enthusiasm are what make Tendulkar so special," he wrote. "He has been playing international cricket for 20 years under the intense scrutiny being an Indian superstar brings, so it is remarkable he still loves holding a bat as much as ever."
Do you agree with Hussain`s view? Let us know your openion..
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress