Is Sachin greater than Bradman?
Even as accolades poured in from all quarters for Sachin Tendulkar after his historic double hundred in Gwalior on Wednesday, former England skipper Nasser Hussain said the knock - the first-ever 200 in the 50-over game - should settle the debate on who is the greatest of all time, Tendulkar or Don Bradman.
"I have never liked comparisons between great players, but after Wednesday`s incredible game it must be said Sachin Tendulkar is the greatest of all time," Hussain wrote in his column.
"Better than Brian Lara and Ricky Ponting, the other two great players of my era. Better than Viv Richards, Sunil Gavaskar and Allan Border. And I would even say better than Don Bradman himself. Now that he has the first double hundred in a One-Day International he has swung it for me."
Hussain said Sachin`s undiminished enthusiasm for the game even after two decades of top-flight cricket was remarkable. "That extraordinary drive and enthusiasm are what make Tendulkar so special," he wrote. "He has been playing international cricket for 20 years under the intense scrutiny being an Indian superstar brings, so it is remarkable he still loves holding a bat as much as ever."
Do you agree with Hussain`s view? Let us know your openion..
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'