Is Team India still dependant on Sachin Tendulkar for the upcoming World Cup?
After Team India won the Asia Cup in Sri Lanka earlier this year without Sachin Tendulkar, many believed that the Indian team has now learned to win matches without the services of the ace batsman.
With Tendulkar now voluntarily choosing the matches he wants to play to prolong his career, it was necessary for the team to create a pool of players in view of the upcoming World Cup in the subcontinent.
But, with the kind of below-par batting performances witnessed during the ongoing tri-series involving Sri Lanka and New Zealand on the subcontinent wickets, the million-dollar question of the batsman being able to shoulder the responsibility in the absence of Tendulkar has once again come to the fore.
With the shoddy batting display and scores like 88 and 103 becoming a regular feature, it looks like the team is back to the era of 90’s when Tendulkar’s absence or dismissal meant an inevitable batting collapse.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers if they think that Team India still largely depends on Sachin Tendulkar and have not been able to find right team combination for the upcoming World Cup next year.
Please post your comments and let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi