Is Team India still dependant on Sachin Tendulkar for the upcoming World Cup?
After Team India won the Asia Cup in Sri Lanka earlier this year without Sachin Tendulkar, many believed that the Indian team has now learned to win matches without the services of the ace batsman.
With Tendulkar now voluntarily choosing the matches he wants to play to prolong his career, it was necessary for the team to create a pool of players in view of the upcoming World Cup in the subcontinent.
But, with the kind of below-par batting performances witnessed during the ongoing tri-series involving Sri Lanka and New Zealand on the subcontinent wickets, the million-dollar question of the batsman being able to shoulder the responsibility in the absence of Tendulkar has once again come to the fore.
With the shoddy batting display and scores like 88 and 103 becoming a regular feature, it looks like the team is back to the era of 90’s when Tendulkar’s absence or dismissal meant an inevitable batting collapse.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers if they think that Team India still largely depends on Sachin Tendulkar and have not been able to find right team combination for the upcoming World Cup next year.
Please post your comments and let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future