Is Team India still dependant on Sachin Tendulkar for the upcoming World Cup?
After Team India won the Asia Cup in Sri Lanka earlier this year without Sachin Tendulkar, many believed that the Indian team has now learned to win matches without the services of the ace batsman.
With Tendulkar now voluntarily choosing the matches he wants to play to prolong his career, it was necessary for the team to create a pool of players in view of the upcoming World Cup in the subcontinent.
But, with the kind of below-par batting performances witnessed during the ongoing tri-series involving Sri Lanka and New Zealand on the subcontinent wickets, the million-dollar question of the batsman being able to shoulder the responsibility in the absence of Tendulkar has once again come to the fore.
With the shoddy batting display and scores like 88 and 103 becoming a regular feature, it looks like the team is back to the era of 90’s when Tendulkar’s absence or dismissal meant an inevitable batting collapse.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers if they think that Team India still largely depends on Sachin Tendulkar and have not been able to find right team combination for the upcoming World Cup next year.
Please post your comments and let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say