Is the BCCI`s decision to skip Asian Games justified?
In a shocking development, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) decided not to send men`s and women`s cricket teams to this year`s Asian Games, scheduled to be held in Guangzhou, China later this year.
BCCI said that India would skip the prestigious event due to its prior international commitments during that period.
Indian men`s team will have a busy time in November as they host New Zealand for three Tests and five ODIs.
It is important to note here that the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) had decided to include cricket in this year’s edition of the Asian Games for the first time. More ironic is the fact that India and Pakistan were the chief initiators behind the inclusion of the game into the Asian Games.
The popular Twenty20 format was selected for the November 12-27 Games, with gold medals being available for both men and women.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers if they think that the Board’s decision is justified. Please post your comments to let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA