Is the BCCI`s decision to skip Asian Games justified?
In a shocking development, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) decided not to send men`s and women`s cricket teams to this year`s Asian Games, scheduled to be held in Guangzhou, China later this year.
BCCI said that India would skip the prestigious event due to its prior international commitments during that period.
Indian men`s team will have a busy time in November as they host New Zealand for three Tests and five ODIs.
It is important to note here that the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) had decided to include cricket in this year’s edition of the Asian Games for the first time. More ironic is the fact that India and Pakistan were the chief initiators behind the inclusion of the game into the Asian Games.
The popular Twenty20 format was selected for the November 12-27 Games, with gold medals being available for both men and women.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers if they think that the Board’s decision is justified. Please post your comments to let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez