Should BCCI sack Duncan Fletcher as India coach?
India capitulated to a humiliating innings and 54 runs defeat in the fourth Test against England at Old Trafford in Manchester with a shocking batting display that allowed the hosts to take a 2-1 lead in the five-match series.
After a win at Lord`s in the second Test, India have let the advantage slip away yet again and have literally snatched defeat from the jaws of a famous series win.
However, such an abject by the Indian cricket team in Test matches away from home is hardly surprising, especially since we suffered a similar fate in 2012 on this very same tour.
Ever since Gary Kirsten quit his job, the Indian team has never really maintained the level of consistency they had under the South African.
Duncan Fletcher has now overseen multiple overseas tour failures including back-to-back 4-0 series defeats to England and Australia.
Even if India manage to salvage a draw or pull off an upset in the final test at the Oval, it is quite evident this team needs to undergo some changes if they have to win abroad.
However, BCCI`s policy when it comes to sacking the captain is well-known. Hence Mahendra Singh Dhoni getting the boot is highly improbable.
In cricket, coach and captain are entrusted with the responsibility of running the show and therefore, part of the blame will also have to be shouldered by Duncan Fletcher.
So if Dhoni won`t be asked to relinquish his throne, should the BCCI sack Duncan Fletcher or continue to persist with him?
We at Zeenews.com invite you to share your thoughts on whether Duncan Fletcher should continue as India`s coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray