Should Dhoni be rested in view of his huge work load?
Ever since Mahendra Singh Dhoni has donned the responsibility of captain in all three versions of the game, he’s been playing non-stop cricket. With BCCI churning series after series in the International cricket calendar, Dhoni has by far taken the maximum brunt of this physically grueling schedule.
From Tendulkar to Sehwag and Zaheer to Harbhajan, every player of the Indian team has got rest to strengthen their body and provide some relief from getting burned-out, but not MSD.
As a captain with wicket-keeping responsibility, Dhoni has been continuously playing Test cricket, ODIs and Twenty-20 matches without any break. Add to this the exhausting tournaments like IPL and Champions League, where he played every match and took his team to finals, and eventually winning the tournaments.
With 2011 Cricket World Cup just less than four months away and Team India struggling with regular injuries to key players like Sehwag, Gambhir, Zaheer and Harbhajan, a breakdown or an injury to MS Dhoni would seriously dent India’s chances of winning the World Cup.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers if they think that Mahendra Singh Dhoni should have been rested for the New Zealand Test series to rejuvenate for upcoming ODI World Cup.
Please post your comments and let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui