Should India have resumed cricketing ties with Pakistan?
In what may be great news for sports lovers in the sub-continent as well as pave way in normalising relation between the two nuclear power neighbours, the cricketing ties between India and Pakistan is all set to resume, thereby putting an end to the long hiatus of five years, wherein the two nations did not visit each other.
But it has evoked mixed reactions.
Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar criticised the BCCI`s decision to revive the Indo-Pak bilateral cricket ties as he felt Pakistan was not cooperating in the Mumbai terror attacks probe.
While, Pakistan cricket fraternity welcomed the announcement of resumption of bilateral ties with India, saying the on-field contest between the two nations was the "biggest spectacle" in world cricket.
What is your opinion? Will you be looking forward to the series? Do you feel the series is a political move or just plain cricketing tie?
Post your comments here at Zeenews.com and let us know what do you think:
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video