What punishment should be given to cricketers guilty of match-fixing?
Pakistan’s turbulent cricket history stooped to another low when another match-fixing scandal involving seven key Pakistan players came to the fore.
Based on a sting operation conducted by a British tabloid, the Metropolitan Police arrested a bookie Mazhar Majeed, who allegedly lured Pakistani fast bowlers Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif to deliver three fixed no-balls at the “crucial times” of the game by the daily’s undercover reporter.
The practice is known as spot fixing. While ‘match-fixing’ involves fixing the result of a match, ‘spot-fixing’ is manipulating events within the match.
The first instance when the fixing in cricket is exposed on camera, the shocking video also shows bookie exchanging jacket containing money with Pakistan players.
The arrested bookie has named Pakistan captain Salman Butt and wicket-keeper Kamran Akmal along with Mohd Asif, Mohd Amir, Umar Amin and Wahab Riaz.
The bookie has confessed of knowing Pakistan skipper Salman Butt and has alleged Butt to approach him for striking deals and has even quoted him as “the ringleader of the pack.”
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers what they think should be the punishment for the cricketers if found guilty for fixing the match and cheating on the sentiments as well as faith of the cricket fans worldwide.
Please post your comments and let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown