Who should be Team India’s no. 7 pick for the World Cup?
With less than three months to go for the cricket World Cup 2011 to kick off, Team India has still not zeroed in on the all-important number seven player for the final squad.
India are scheduled to play only 10 ODIs before the World Cup to fix the number seven problem- five against New Zealand at home and five against South Africa on African soil.
With selectors resting five seniors- Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh and Zaheer Khan for the upcoming ODI matches against Kiwis, India’s bench strength has a golden opportunity to prove themselves and seal their berth in the final squad for the World Cup.
With selectors recalling Yusuf Pathan for the series against the Black Caps, the fight for number seven spot has come down to between him and Ravindra Jadeja with an outside chance for batsman-only Saurabh Tiwary and injured Irfan Pathan.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers about who should be the ideal pick for number seven spot for Team India in view of the upcoming World Cup in the subcontinent.
Please post your comments and let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez