Who should be Team India’s no. 7 pick for the World Cup?
With less than three months to go for the cricket World Cup 2011 to kick off, Team India has still not zeroed in on the all-important number seven player for the final squad.
India are scheduled to play only 10 ODIs before the World Cup to fix the number seven problem- five against New Zealand at home and five against South Africa on African soil.
With selectors resting five seniors- Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh and Zaheer Khan for the upcoming ODI matches against Kiwis, India’s bench strength has a golden opportunity to prove themselves and seal their berth in the final squad for the World Cup.
With selectors recalling Yusuf Pathan for the series against the Black Caps, the fight for number seven spot has come down to between him and Ravindra Jadeja with an outside chance for batsman-only Saurabh Tiwary and injured Irfan Pathan.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers about who should be the ideal pick for number seven spot for Team India in view of the upcoming World Cup in the subcontinent.
Please post your comments and let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...