Who should be Team India’s no. 7 pick for the World Cup?
With less than three months to go for the cricket World Cup 2011 to kick off, Team India has still not zeroed in on the all-important number seven player for the final squad.
India are scheduled to play only 10 ODIs before the World Cup to fix the number seven problem- five against New Zealand at home and five against South Africa on African soil.
With selectors resting five seniors- Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh and Zaheer Khan for the upcoming ODI matches against Kiwis, India’s bench strength has a golden opportunity to prove themselves and seal their berth in the final squad for the World Cup.
With selectors recalling Yusuf Pathan for the series against the Black Caps, the fight for number seven spot has come down to between him and Ravindra Jadeja with an outside chance for batsman-only Saurabh Tiwary and injured Irfan Pathan.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers about who should be the ideal pick for number seven spot for Team India in view of the upcoming World Cup in the subcontinent.
Please post your comments and let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves