Who should be Team India’s no. 7 pick for the World Cup?
With less than three months to go for the cricket World Cup 2011 to kick off, Team India has still not zeroed in on the all-important number seven player for the final squad.
India are scheduled to play only 10 ODIs before the World Cup to fix the number seven problem- five against New Zealand at home and five against South Africa on African soil.
With selectors resting five seniors- Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh and Zaheer Khan for the upcoming ODI matches against Kiwis, India’s bench strength has a golden opportunity to prove themselves and seal their berth in the final squad for the World Cup.
With selectors recalling Yusuf Pathan for the series against the Black Caps, the fight for number seven spot has come down to between him and Ravindra Jadeja with an outside chance for batsman-only Saurabh Tiwary and injured Irfan Pathan.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers about who should be the ideal pick for number seven spot for Team India in view of the upcoming World Cup in the subcontinent.
Please post your comments and let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka