Who will emerge as the winner of the seventh edition of the IPL?
The seventh season of the Indian Premier League is scheduled to take place from April 16 to June 1. This time around, due to General Elections in India, first time the cash-rich league will be played in two countries – UAE and India. The first phase of IPL7, which includes thirty matches, will be played in three different venues across UAE – Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and Dubai. And then rest of the remaining matches will be played in India.
Eight teams will participate in this season as Pune franchise, Pune Warriors, won`t be part of the league. A Total of sixty matches will be played during the entire season which includes 56 league matches, one eliminator, two qualifiers and a final.
Chennai Super Kings has been the most successful team in the IPL, with two titles under their belt. Kolkata Knight Riders, Deccan Chargers, Rajasthan Royals and Mumbai Indians too have won one title apiece. Mumbai Indians are the defending champions as they lifted their maiden trophy in 2013.
During the IPL 7 auction, Yuvraj Singh emerged as the costliest singing of the season, as Royals Challengers Bangalore bought him at a whooping sum of 14 crore. However, Delhi franchise spent 12.5 crore on Dinesh Karthik which made him the second costliest.
Teams like Delhi Daredevils, Kings X1 Punjab, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Sunrisers Hyderabad, who haven`t won the tournament yet will quest for their maiden IPL trophy, whereas, the other teams will try to decorate their cabinet with one more trophy addition. So, it would be interesting to watch which team will eventually win the title this time around.
We at Zeenews.com invite you to post your comments and tell us who you think will emerge as the winner of the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport