Will dropping Yuvraj so close to the ODI World Cup dent his confidence?
As speculated by a certain section of media, stylish left hander Yuvraj Singh has been dropped from Indian squad for two-Test series against Australia.
The move by Indian selectors was surprising as Yuvraj made a satisfactory comeback to the Test side in Sri Lanka before losing his spot due to unfortunate circumstances.
Yuvraj scored a century in the tour game when others struggled poorly and then went onto score a gritty fifty in the first Test against fiery pace of Lasith Malinga and quality spin of Muttiah Muralitharan. He missed the Second Test due to fever, and Suresh Raina made full use of the opportunity, scoring a hundred on debut and keeping the place for the final Test.
Yuvraj Singh has always been criticized for his on-field and off-field antics and his susceptible form and fitness lately was the major reason for his ouster from this year’s Asia Cup team, his first limited-overs axing since he became a regular in the early 2000s, but just when it looked that the southpaw was coming back into groove, Indian selectors have stranded him again.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers if they think that dropping Yuvraj Singh, who is undoubtedly hailed as one of the trump cards for forthcoming ODI World Cup, so close to the mega-event would dent his confidence.
Please post your comments and let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS