`Local hero` Jason Day leads Golf World Cup after three rounds
Sydney: Australian golfer Jason Day has claimed a 1-stroke lead at the World Cup of golf after he birdied three of his last six holes on Saturday.
According to the Fox News, second-round leader Thomas Bjorn managed just an even-par 71 during his third round to sit in the second place at 8-under 205.
Matt Kuchar (68) is in third at 6-under, while Francesco Molinari (66) owns fourth at minus-5 and Kevin Streelman (74) is fifth at 4-under, the report said.
Graeme McDowell (67) and Hideto Tanihara (71) share sixth place at 3-under 210, the report added.
Day`s move to the top of the leader board caused Australia to jump ahead of the United States for the lead in the team portion of the competition with a combined score of 11-under-par 415, according to the report.
The American team of Streelman and Kuchar sit a shot back at 10-under, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician