`Unconscious` McIlroy admits to playing `brain dead` golf in `nightmarish` Muirfield
London: Northern Irish golf ace Rory McIlroy has admitted that he has been playing `brain-dead` golf as his Open Championship challenge at Muirfield turned into a nightmare.
According to the Mirror, the World No.2, who won the US PGA Championship last August but has had a dreadful time after switching to Nike clubs in January, is in danger of missing the cut after a disastrous opening 79 and even putted into a bunker on the 15th.
Stating that he needed to concentrate, McIlroy said that his game has turned `brain-dead`, adding that he felt like he was walking around in that condition and has been unconscious for the last few months.
However, McIlroy insisted that his condition was all mental, and refused to discredit his technique over his poor form, and the report added that the golfing ace may now turn to a golf psychiatrist to help cure his misery.
With McIlroy being off his game, the report said that other golf stars like Justin Rose , Ian Poulter, Luke Donald and Scot Paul Lawrie have been fuming as they struggled with Muirfield`s tricky pin positions and bone-dry conditions.
However, England star Lee Westwood and World No.1 Tiger Woods fared considerably better, with Westwood putting an opening-round 72 to stand one over par, and Woods, seeking his first Major since 2008, coping well with the rock-hard greens as he is only three behind on two under, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!