12-year old Chinese prodigy to become youngest golfer in European Tour history
Sydney: A Chinese boy will become the youngest player in European Tour history when he tees off on Thursday at the Volvo China Open.
The 12-year-old golf prodigy, Ye Wocheng, will break his compatriot Guan Tianlang `s record of 13 years and 177 days.
However, Wocheng said that he would not put himself under any undue pressure to perform, adding that his main aim is to enjoy and play a good game.
Wocheng further said that he does not want to think too much about the result, which may give him unnecessary tension.
According to the report, the 14-year old Tianlang has etched his name in US Masters last month when he became the youngest player to make the cut in a Major.
He was only 13-and-a-half when he played in the same event, held at the Binhai Lake Golf Club in Tianjin, last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended