Aditi Ashok claims Usha Army Ladies golf title
Secunderabad: Aditi Ashok overcame a terrible start of three bogeys in the first five holes, before steadying herself to a series of pars and birdies to win the Usha Army Ladies golf crown here Wednesday.
The Bengaluru golfer who brought in the week`s best card of 75, totalled 231, four better than the second placed Gursimar Badwal (78) and Mehar Atwal (79), both of who aggregated 235 each.
Aditi held herself and showed greater determination. Over the last 13 holes, she had two birdies and one double bogey on par-4 13th and coasted home to her first win of the season.
Amandeep Drall, who was disqualified last week, shot 77 and was fourth at 237 and in fifth place was Millie Saroha 238. Raksha Phadke also shot the day`s best card 75 and totalled 239 to finish sixth.
Millie Saroha and Raksha topped Category A, while Aditi was the topper overall. Ridhima Dilawari (82) was second behind Aditi in category B with 222.
Tanrika Singh (96-91-87) topped Category C and Arshia Mahant was second with 276 alongside Harnemat Toor Singh.
In Category D, Tanishka Kumar (86-86-86) was the winner with Vasudhara Tihara (91-91-94) second.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Market gatheres momentum, Sensex up 120 points amid F&O expiry
- Ranveer Singh's 'Kala Chashma' moment with 'bae' Zoya Akhtar! See pics
- Facebook quarterly profit surges 186% to $2 billion
- Concerned by amended child labour bill in India: UN
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq set for second stint as England spin guru