Aditi in lead with Malik in Usha golf
Bangalore: Teenaged Aditi Ashok rode on a flawless back-nine which also included two birdies to take a share of the lead with Tvesa Malik on the first day of the Usha Karnataka Ladies and Junior girls golf here Wednesday.
Bangalorean Aditi, who has been one of the most promising talents in women’s golf in India, had a rough front nine going three-over but she recovered on the backward journey and ended the day at one-over 71 at the Bangalore Golf Club.
Tvesa, who shot steady 35 and 36 on the front and back nines. Both Aditi and Tvesa had two birdies each against three bogeys.
Winner of the season’s first event, the Usha Army Ladies golf and also the topper of the Order of Merit in 2012, Gurbani Singh, opened with a round of two-over 72 that included two birdies and four bogeys, three of which came between the 11th and 15th holes.
As many as five golfers were bunched at four-over 74. They were Astha Madan, Amandeep Drall, Vrishali Sinha, Ridhima Dilawari and Vidushi Sinha.
Amrita Anand and Gursimar Badwal carded 75 each to complete the top-10.
While the top eight golfers figure in Category A (15-17 years), Amrita Anand led Category B (13-14 years) with Ankita Kedalya (77) second. In Category C (Under 13), the leader was Ananya Barthakur (78) and Anika Verma was one shot behind her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark