Aditi in lead with Malik in Usha golf
Bangalore: Teenaged Aditi Ashok rode on a flawless back-nine which also included two birdies to take a share of the lead with Tvesa Malik on the first day of the Usha Karnataka Ladies and Junior girls golf here Wednesday.
Bangalorean Aditi, who has been one of the most promising talents in women’s golf in India, had a rough front nine going three-over but she recovered on the backward journey and ended the day at one-over 71 at the Bangalore Golf Club.
Tvesa, who shot steady 35 and 36 on the front and back nines. Both Aditi and Tvesa had two birdies each against three bogeys.
Winner of the season’s first event, the Usha Army Ladies golf and also the topper of the Order of Merit in 2012, Gurbani Singh, opened with a round of two-over 72 that included two birdies and four bogeys, three of which came between the 11th and 15th holes.
As many as five golfers were bunched at four-over 74. They were Astha Madan, Amandeep Drall, Vrishali Sinha, Ridhima Dilawari and Vidushi Sinha.
Amrita Anand and Gursimar Badwal carded 75 each to complete the top-10.
While the top eight golfers figure in Category A (15-17 years), Amrita Anand led Category B (13-14 years) with Ankita Kedalya (77) second. In Category C (Under 13), the leader was Ananya Barthakur (78) and Anika Verma was one shot behind her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city