Aditi leads in Usha Northern India Ladies golf
New Delhi: Aditi Ashok, the current leader in the Order of Merit on the Usha Ladies and junior girls circuit, took a two-shot lead at the end of the opening day of the 2012 Usha Northern India Ladies amateur golf championship at the Delhi Golf Club here.
Aditi was two clear of arch-rival Gurbani Singh (72) and four ahead of Millie Saroha (74) in the ladies section.
14-year-old Aditi, who has also acquitted herself well against the professionals, had an excellent two-under for the day, which was also the only sub-par round of the day.
She was even for the front nine with two birdies and two bogeys and she found two birdies on the back against no bogeys. It was a fine finish with birdies on the 15th and 18th. And she is now in a position to add to the two titles, including Usha Delhi Ladies she won at the same course earlier this season.
Gurbani also played steady, though she missed quite a few birdie chances, as did Aditi. Gurbani, who won the Southern India title earlier on, had two birdies, one each side of the turn, and two bogeys in her round. Millie had three birdies, but she also gave away five bogeys to lie third.
Aditi, who is still in Category B, led her group and was nine ahead of Amrita Anand (79) while in Category A, Gurbani was two ahead of Millie Saroha and Astha Madan was lying third with 75.
In Category C, Sifat Sagoo and Dhristhi Karumbaya were tied at the top with rounds of 85 each, while in Category D, Tanishka Kumar was leading with a round of 91 and she was seven ahead of Vasundhara Tihara.
The Northern Indian Ladies golf, one of the oldest tournaments in the country, sees more than 70 golfers compete in ladies and juniors sections.
Aditi won the Usha Army Ladies golf title in Secunderabad and also the Usha Delhi Ladies Golf championships. Gurbani, on the other hand, upstaged Aditi at the Usha Southern India championships. Aditi however holds a handy lead in the Merit list.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive