Aditi leads Indian challenge at Queen Sirikit Cup
Singapore: In-form Aditi Ashok, Gurbani Singh and Raksha Phadke will represent India at the 34th Queen Sirikit Cup at the Tanah Merah Country Club from April 25 to 27 here.
The Indian team, which is sponsored by Usha, who also support the Ladies and select junior events on the Indian amateur circuit, has already reached the Southeast Asian city-state.
Aditi, who last year became the youngest Indian to play the Queen Sirikit Cup will this time play the lead role. In the time since then, she has also emerged as the All India Ladies amateur champion.
She also won the Eastern India title, while Gurbani won three events last season.
At the last edition of the Cup, India played the host and the Indian team finished fourth.
It is only the second occasion that the Cup returns to Singapore since the fifth Championship in 1983.
A total of 13 countries will participate in the event. The defending champions are Korea though the individual title was won by Dottie Ardina of the Philippines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how