Aditi leads Indian challenge at Queen Sirikit Cup
Singapore: In-form Aditi Ashok, Gurbani Singh and Raksha Phadke will represent India at the 34th Queen Sirikit Cup at the Tanah Merah Country Club from April 25 to 27 here.
The Indian team, which is sponsored by Usha, who also support the Ladies and select junior events on the Indian amateur circuit, has already reached the Southeast Asian city-state.
Aditi, who last year became the youngest Indian to play the Queen Sirikit Cup will this time play the lead role. In the time since then, she has also emerged as the All India Ladies amateur champion.
She also won the Eastern India title, while Gurbani won three events last season.
At the last edition of the Cup, India played the host and the Indian team finished fourth.
It is only the second occasion that the Cup returns to Singapore since the fifth Championship in 1983.
A total of 13 countries will participate in the event. The defending champions are Korea though the individual title was won by Dottie Ardina of the Philippines.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'