Aditi leads Under-14 section, India on top in team event
Kuala Lumpur: Aditi Ashok continued with her exploits as she brought home a creditable card of 73 that gave the mixed Indian team the top spot on the opening day of 100Plus Malaysia Open Junior golf on Wednesday.
Aditi led the individual section in Under-14 section and was third overall. She was two shots ahead of Malaysian Loy Hee Ying in her section.
Aditi, who recently topped a pro event while still being an amateur shot 73, while her teammate Trishul Chinappa carded 77 to end third in the Under-18 boys section.
In the team event, Malaysia was second at 152 and Indonesia third at 158.
Malaysia`s Jeremiah Kim shot an impressive three-under-par 69 to take the lead in the Boy`s Under-18 and overall categories.
Dottie Ardina of the Philippines fired a sizzling five-under-par 67 to lead the Girl`s Under-18 and overall competitions.
A total of 72 golfers from 12 countries are taking part in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details