Aditi leads Under-14 section, India on top in team event
Kuala Lumpur: Aditi Ashok continued with her exploits as she brought home a creditable card of 73 that gave the mixed Indian team the top spot on the opening day of 100Plus Malaysia Open Junior golf on Wednesday.
Aditi led the individual section in Under-14 section and was third overall. She was two shots ahead of Malaysian Loy Hee Ying in her section.
Aditi, who recently topped a pro event while still being an amateur shot 73, while her teammate Trishul Chinappa carded 77 to end third in the Under-18 boys section.
In the team event, Malaysia was second at 152 and Indonesia third at 158.
Malaysia`s Jeremiah Kim shot an impressive three-under-par 69 to take the lead in the Boy`s Under-18 and overall categories.
Dottie Ardina of the Philippines fired a sizzling five-under-par 67 to lead the Girl`s Under-18 and overall competitions.
A total of 72 golfers from 12 countries are taking part in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic