Amateur golfer beats 104 million to one odds with two holes in one in same round!
London: A British amateur golfer, James Longland has become only the second player in history to hit two par-four holes in one in the same round, as he beat odds of 104 million to one when he landed the astonishing double at his local club.
The only other recorded example of a pair of aces on par-four holes is by American Norman Manley in 1964, making BMW logistics manager James the first golfer to achieve the feat in Britain.
The vast majority of holes in one, where the ball is struck from the tee into the cup in a single shot, are landed on shorter par-three holes. James hit his first during a tournament at Derbyshire’s Breedon Priory club on the 242-yard eighth hole.
Longland completed his double at the 238-yard 15th hole an hour later. The course on the day was made up of shorter, par-four holes.
“It still hasn’t really sunk in. I’m still numb. It was nice when the first one went in because I wasn’t having a great round up to then,” the Daily Star quoted Longland, as saying.
“The second one was surreal but it only dawned on me later how big a thing it was,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what