American Dustin Johnson takes leave for ``personal challenges``
Washington: Dustin Johnson is taking a leave of absence from golf to seek help for "personal challenges," the big-hitting American said on Thursday.
Johnson, who finished in a tie for ninth at the British Open earlier this month before missing the cut at the Canadian Open last week, did not say when he plans to return to the tour.
"I will use this time to seek professional help for personal challenges I have faced," Johnson, an eight-times winner on the PGA Tour who is ranked 16th in the world, said in a statement issued by his management company.
"By committing the time and resources necessary to improve my mental health, physical well-being and emotional foundation, I am confident that I will be better equipped to fulfil my potential and become a consistent champion."
Johnson, 30, considered one of the top players in the game, stands fourth in the PGA Tour`s FedExCup points list and fifth in the U.S. Ryder Cup standings.
The PGA Tour, in a statement, said: "We have nothing to add to Dustin`s statement, but we wish him well and look forward to his return to the PGA tour in the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!