Another missed cut for Atwal, Woods lies third
Pebble Beach (US): Indian golfer Arjun Atwal`s misery ended with yet another poor round of 76 in the third round of the AT & T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am here.
The score took his three-round total to 227 which meant he finished very close to the bottom of the leaderboard after missing his fifth cut in a row. Daniel Chopra with a third round 74 ended at 225.
The story of the tournament was Tiger Woods` surge to third at 11-under with a round of 67. He was now just four short of leader Charlie Wi (69) at 15-under. In the second place was Ken Duke (65) at par-70 Monterey.
Phil Mickelson (70) and Kevin Na (70) Pebble Beach and Dustin Johnson (70) at Monterey were among those tied at fourth at nine-under.
After a bogey on the 12th, Tiger`s escape from a possible bogey on 13th when he went into the bunker to a birdie on the same with a 9-iron shot -- was the highlight.
The ball hit a mound and went onto the green and rolled towards the cup and came to rest within a foot below the hole and gave him a birdie. That started a streak of five birdies in six holes and brought him to close to the top.
Woods will now begin in the penultimate group. In the lead group will be Wi who has never won PGA Tour. Woods will play with longtime rival Phil Mickelson, who had a 70 at Pebble Beach.
Also in contention are Dustin Johnson, two-time Pebble Beach champion, and former world No. 1 Vijay Singh and three-time Major winner Padraig Harrington.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark