Atwal fails in bid to get to PGA Tour, Web.Com
La Quinta: Despite carding a seven-under 65 in the final round, Arjun Atwal failed to earn a status on either the PGA Tour or the Web.Com Tour for 2013.
He finished with a six-round total of nine-under 423, the same as Daniel Chopra. The duo ended tied 87th.
Atwal`s rounds were 74, 64, 70, 76, 74 and 65, while Chopra shot 68, 66, 76, 71, 69 and 73.
The top 25 and ties received 2013 PGA TOUR cards, while the next 50 and ties earned Web.Com Tour cards.
From 2013, the Qualifying School will no longer send the players into the PGA Tour. They will only qualify for the Web.Com Tour and from there they will have to finish in top-25 to make the PGA Tour, making it a two-year affair to reach the PGA.
The PGA Tour is changing its structure as the players who fail to reach the FedExCup playoffs will meet in a series of four tournaments called "The Finals," and the 25 players who earn the most money from those events will get their cards.
Dong-hwan Lee of South Korea birdied his last three holes to finish at five-under 67 and finish the week at 25-under 407 for six rounds. He was one shot ahead of Ross Fisher and Steve Lebrun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next