Atwal hopes to shrug off poor start on PGA Tour
Puerto Rico: Arjun Atwal will try to shrug off one of the his worst ever starts to a season when he tees up at the Puerto Rico open, which is being held opposite to the WGC Cadillac World Golf Championships.
Atwal, the only Indian on the PGA Tour, has had a nightmarish start with six missed cuts in as many starts in 2012.
Paired with Bill Lunde and Matt Bettencourt, Atwal will have to contend a host of Major champions despite a WGC event being held in the same week.
Daniel Chopra, who played his early golf in India, is also in the field. He plays with Jason Gore and Frank Lickliter II.
The event being played at the Trump International Golf Course in Rio Grande in Puerto Rico has a bunch of Major champions Ben Curtis, David Duval, Rich Beem, Shaun Micheel, Angel Cabrera and Lee Janzen.
The field also includes young Japanese superstar Ryo Ishikawa, who has just been invited to the Masters 2012 and Korean prodigy, Noh Seung Yul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur