Atwal likely to miss cut at Phoenix Open
Scottsdale (Arizona): Arjun Atwal missed his fourth cut in a row after a second round one-over 72 put him at 147 for two days in the Phoenix Open golf tournament on the US PGA Tour on Saturday.
Atwal, who has been struggling right from the start of the season shot 75 in the first round. Atwal had three birdies against four bogeys.
The cut is likely to come at even par 142. Spencer Levin carded an eight-under 63 including an eagle-two on par-4 17th that was followed by a birdie.
Harrison Frazar was six-under for the round and 11-under for the tournament with three holes to go when play was stopped because of darkness and a few players were yet to finish.
Webb Simpson the highest-ranked player in the field at No.6 in the world, was third at eight-under along with tour rookie John Huh.
Simpson shot a 69 in the last group to finish play on No.18, and Huh had a 66.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- Simply hilarious! Protesters storm PWD office, perform 'nagin dance' against official apathy - Watch
- Australia blocks China from buying 1% of its landmass
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai believes mobile phone has become the remote control for daily lives