Atwal likely to miss cut at Phoenix Open
Scottsdale (Arizona): Arjun Atwal missed his fourth cut in a row after a second round one-over 72 put him at 147 for two days in the Phoenix Open golf tournament on the US PGA Tour on Saturday.
Atwal, who has been struggling right from the start of the season shot 75 in the first round. Atwal had three birdies against four bogeys.
The cut is likely to come at even par 142. Spencer Levin carded an eight-under 63 including an eagle-two on par-4 17th that was followed by a birdie.
Harrison Frazar was six-under for the round and 11-under for the tournament with three holes to go when play was stopped because of darkness and a few players were yet to finish.
Webb Simpson the highest-ranked player in the field at No.6 in the world, was third at eight-under along with tour rookie John Huh.
Simpson shot a 69 in the last group to finish play on No.18, and Huh had a 66.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video