Atwal makes cut at Justin Timberlake event
Las Vegas: Arjun Atwal allowed an excellent start in the first nine to go waste as he finished the second round in one-under 70, though he still managed to make the cut in the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open golf tournament.
Atwal, who shot 66 in the first round, is now six-under 136 to be placed tied 37th at the midway stage of the first event in the Fall series of the PGA Tour.
Atwal, teed off from the tenth and bogeyed the 11th, but birdies on 13th, 15th, 16th and 18th saw him turn in three-under at which stage he was in line for a top-10.
But a bogey on second and a double on sixth spoilt his card. A birdie on ninth, his closing hole of the day, was a small consolation.
Kevin Na (63) and Charlie Wi (66) joined Jhonattan Vegas (67) in shared lead at 12-under 130 after two rounds.
Play was suspended because of lightning near the course and then a second time the stoppage came with one player Fran Quinn (at three-under for the day) having one hole to play.
The cut was likely to come at four-under and Quinn came make it with a birdie on last hole.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you