Atwal makes cut but lies way behind at tied 68th
Cromwell (USA): Arjun Atwal managed to make the cut but was klying way down at tied 68th on the leaderboard after the third round of the Travelers Championships here.
For the first seven holes Atwal did not have a single par as he went through three birdies, an eagle, a bogey and two double bogey, but after that he had 11 pars.
Earlier, Atwal completed 12 holes of his second round to make the cut after a round of two-under 68.
In the third round, Atwal opened with a bogey on 10th and birdied the 11th. A double bogey on 12th was followed by birdies on 13th and 14th and then came an eagle-2 on par-4 15th. Another double bogey on 16th meant he was once again even after seven holes and then came the series of 11 pars.
Daniel Chopra who had a 78 on first day missed the cut with a second round 71.
England`s Brian Davis, looking for his first win on the PGA Tour, shot six-under 64 and Roland Thatcher of the US had a 65 as they shared the lead after 54 holes.
They were both 12-under. Defending champion Fredrik Jacobson who led after two rounds shot an even-par 70 to stay at nine-under.
As many as 17 players were within five shots of the lead going into the final round.
Masters champion Bubba Watson (65) made a good move up from tied 23rd to tied 12th at eight-under, while to U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson (68) was tied 16th at seven-under. The reigning PGA champion Keegan Bradley (70) slipped to tied 39th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far