Australian golfer Adam Scott wins The Don award
Sydney: Adam Scott has won The Don award for becoming the first Australian to win the US Masters Tournament after 77 years.
The Sport Australia Hall of Fame`s (SAHOF) award was created to honour an Australian athlete whose achievements over the year are considered to have had the capacity to inspire the nation most, reports Xinhua.
Scott won his first major title at the 2013 Masters at Augusta in April.
SAHOF selection committee voted unanimously the 33-year-old Scott, from a short list of Australian champions.
"I am humbled and honoured to have won this award and join many great champions before me," Scott said via video link at the SAHOF function in Melbourne Thursday night.
"I`d like to congratulate the other finalists on their achievements this year and I`d like to thank the Sport Australia Hall of Fame for this honour."
Scott was unable to attend the function as he is in Bermuda preparing for next week`s PGA Grand Slam of Golf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today