Australian golfer Adam Scott wins The Don award
Sydney: Adam Scott has won The Don award for becoming the first Australian to win the US Masters Tournament after 77 years.
The Sport Australia Hall of Fame`s (SAHOF) award was created to honour an Australian athlete whose achievements over the year are considered to have had the capacity to inspire the nation most, reports Xinhua.
Scott won his first major title at the 2013 Masters at Augusta in April.
SAHOF selection committee voted unanimously the 33-year-old Scott, from a short list of Australian champions.
"I am humbled and honoured to have won this award and join many great champions before me," Scott said via video link at the SAHOF function in Melbourne Thursday night.
"I`d like to congratulate the other finalists on their achievements this year and I`d like to thank the Sport Australia Hall of Fame for this honour."
Scott was unable to attend the function as he is in Bermuda preparing for next week`s PGA Grand Slam of Golf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!