Australian golfer Adam Scott wins The Don award
Sydney: Adam Scott has won The Don award for becoming the first Australian to win the US Masters Tournament after 77 years.
The Sport Australia Hall of Fame`s (SAHOF) award was created to honour an Australian athlete whose achievements over the year are considered to have had the capacity to inspire the nation most, reports Xinhua.
Scott won his first major title at the 2013 Masters at Augusta in April.
SAHOF selection committee voted unanimously the 33-year-old Scott, from a short list of Australian champions.
"I am humbled and honoured to have won this award and join many great champions before me," Scott said via video link at the SAHOF function in Melbourne Thursday night.
"I`d like to congratulate the other finalists on their achievements this year and I`d like to thank the Sport Australia Hall of Fame for this honour."
Scott was unable to attend the function as he is in Bermuda preparing for next week`s PGA Grand Slam of Golf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’