Australian golfer Adam Scott wins The Don award
Sydney: Adam Scott has won The Don award for becoming the first Australian to win the US Masters Tournament after 77 years.
The Sport Australia Hall of Fame`s (SAHOF) award was created to honour an Australian athlete whose achievements over the year are considered to have had the capacity to inspire the nation most, reports Xinhua.
Scott won his first major title at the 2013 Masters at Augusta in April.
SAHOF selection committee voted unanimously the 33-year-old Scott, from a short list of Australian champions.
"I am humbled and honoured to have won this award and join many great champions before me," Scott said via video link at the SAHOF function in Melbourne Thursday night.
"I`d like to congratulate the other finalists on their achievements this year and I`d like to thank the Sport Australia Hall of Fame for this honour."
Scott was unable to attend the function as he is in Bermuda preparing for next week`s PGA Grand Slam of Golf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'