Australian PGA champion Popovic to skip title defence
Shanghai: Daniel Popovic will not defend his title at next week`s Australian PGA Championship on the Gold Coast in order to contest the European Tour`s qualifying tournament in Spain.
The final round of the Australian PGA next Sunday coincides with the first day of the qualifying tournament.
"For my future and career, and looking to the big picture, I have to go to the European Tour school," the 27-year-old Popovic said at the WGC-HSBC Champions tournament on Sunday.
"That`s my best opportunity of getting to where I want to be with my career, playing against the better players in the world and challenging myself every week."
If he does not win a European Tour card, Popovic will head to either the Japan Tour or secondary U.S. PGA Tour qualifying school, which means he also might miss the Australian Masters and the Australian Open later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi