Bajaj, Verma bow out of All-India Amateur
Pune: On a day of upsets, top ranked golfers Rahul Bajaj and Gagan Verma were shown the door in the second round of the matchplay championship at the LG All-India Amateur at the Oxford Golf & Country Club here on Tuesday.
Eighth seed Kanishk Madan accounted for Gagan, winning the tie 2&1 while Bangalore’s Udayan Mane took out Bajaj, the highest ranked player in the field this week.
Second seed Abhijit Chadha also crashed out after Bangalore boy CG Somiah beat him 2&1.
Top seed Chikkarangappa, however, breezed into the round of 16, edging out Imamul Haque 3&2.
Also through to the next round are the Sri Lankans -- Mithun Perera and K Prabhagarn.
While Mithun got the better of Aditya Bhanadarkar 4&3, K Prabhagaran defeated Ajay Singh 3&2. Both players will face off against each other in the next match.
Local lad Moin Malak won a close match against Pawan Kumar where the tie was decided on the 19th hole after both players finished the regulation 18 holes all-square.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy