Bhullar and Lahiri lead contingent of 11 Indians at Thai GC
Bangkok: Gaganjeet Bhullar, Anirban Lahiri and Digvijay Singh, the three Indians to have tasted victory on the Asian Tour this season, will lead the Indian challenge at the USD 1 million Thai Golf Championships starting here on Thursday.
Bhullar, twice winner this year, is fourth in the Order of Merit and may well have an outside chance to have a shy at the Money List honours.
Bhullar this season has won the TPC Yeangder Championships and the Macau Open, while Lahiri took the SBI-SAIL open and Digvijay secured his maiden Asian Tour win at the Panasonic Open India.
There are as many as 11 Indians in the field which also includes Shiv Kapur, SSP Chowrasia, veterans Jyoti Randhawa and Gaurav Ghei, as also Chiragh Kumar, Himmat Rai, Shankar Das and young Ajeetesh Sandhu. Another player with a strong Indian connection who will be seen in action is Daniel Chopra.
Defending champion and World No. 6 Lee Westwood wants to end his year on a high note by capturing his third victory of the season against a stellar field which includes reigning Masters Tournament champion Bubba Watson, last year`s runner-up Charl Schwartzel, Japan`s Ryo Ishikawa, Ryder Cup stars Nicolas Colsaerts and Sergio Garcia, 2011 British Open champion Darren Clarke and the Asian Tour`s top stars led by current number one Thaworn Wiratchant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report