Bhullar bags fifth Asian Tour title with win in Indonesia
Jakarta: India`s Gaganjeet Bhullar carded 16-under-268 for the week to lift his fifth Asian Tour title with victory at the Indonesia Open, here on Sunday.
Bhullar, who had a forgettable outing at the World Cup of Golf last week, fired a bogey-free 68 in the final round to come home the winner. He thus ended up being the wire-to-wire leader from round one till the very end. He shot scores of 64 67 69 and 69. Bhullar sank all his three birdies today on the back-nine 11th, 13th and 14th. He was solid through the week having conceded only three bogeys and a double-bogey over the last four days.
Interestingly, the 25-year-old had also won his first Asian Tour title in Indonesia back in 2009. Malaysia`s Nicholas Fung and Thailand`s Chapchai Nirat finished three strokes behind Bhullar in joint second. Another Indian, Jyoti Randhawa claimed fifth place at 11-under-273 while Anirban Lahiri secured tied sixth at 10-under-274 to make it three Indians in the top-6.
PGTI member Mohammad Siddikur Rahman of Bangladesh finished with a four-day total of 12-under-272 to bag fourth place. Bhullar has had a brilliant season so far. He posted a runner-up finish at the Avantha Masters, a European Tour & Asian Tour co-sanctioned event, earlier this year. This win is expected to push him up on the Asian Tour Order of Merit, where he is currently ranked sixth.
Former Asia`s No.1 Randhawa fired a 69 to record his second top-5 finish on the Asian Tour in the last one month. Lahiri, a three-time winner on the Asian Tour, posted a 68 in the final round in Indonesia to grab a share of sixth place. Shiv Kapur, Chiragh Kumar and SSP Chowrasia were all in tied 23rd with identical totals of five-under-279. Sujjan Singh was a further shot behind in tied 29th place.
Among the other Indians who made the cut, Himmat Singh Rai secured tied 35th place (three-under-281), Abhinav Lohan was tied 51st (one-over-285) and Rahil Gangjee claimed 64th position (four-over-288).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok