Bhullar has Singh in his sights after first Asian Tour win
New Delhi: Jeev Milkha Singh will be looking over his shoulder after 21-year-old Gaganjeet Bhullar won his maiden Asian Tour title at the weekend and immediately set his sights on becoming India`s top golfer.
Bhullar won the Indonesia President Invitational tournament in Jakarta on Sunday by two strokes after firing a flawless five-under-par 67 in the final round for an impressive four-day total of 22-under-par 266.
"I`ve been waiting for this for the past two years," Bhullar said of his breakthrough victory after three top-10 finishes this season. "I will be gunning to be the top Indian golfer now."
Jeev Milkha Singh is the reigning Asian Tour Order of Merit champion and India`s top golfer but Bhullar, one of the brightest young talents on the Tour, has now moved up to 10th place with almost USD 125,000.
"I`ve won three times on the Indian circuit this year and my goal a few months back was to win on the Asian Tour," said Bhullar, who earlier this month became the youngest Indian to qualify for the British Open.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma