Bhullar, Kapur slip to tied 24th at Qatar Masters
Doha: Gaganjeet Bhullar suffered finishing blues, while Shiv Kapur endured a mid-round collapse as both the Indian golfers finished at tied 24th place after the third round of Commercial Bank Qatar Masters here Friday.
Bhullar, who dropped three bogeys in last eight holes, including one on the finishing hole, carded one-over 73 and is now six-under 210 for 54 holes.
Kapur, who started the day with a birdie, dropped four shots between the sixth and 14th but also had three birdies in that stretch. He also ended with a 73 and is also at six-under 210 in tied 24th place.
Jeev Milkha Singh who had six bogeys in first 12 holes, had four birdies in last five holes for a card of 73 and is one-under 215 and in tied 57th place.
Atop the leaderboard, Steve Webster (70) caught up with overnight leader Rafa Cabrera-Bello (73) and both now share the lead at 12-under after three days.
Thomas Aiken (70), Thorbjorn Olesen (68) and Adrian Saddier (64) share the third spot at 11-under. Saddier, who came through the Qualifying School after turning pro last year, blazed his way with six birdies in first seven holes and carded 64 to move to third. He was tied sixth in only his second event of the year at Nelson Mandela Championship and missed the cut last week in Abu Dhabi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today