Bhullar logs a top-10 at CIMB, Watney wins title
Kuala Lumpur: India`s Gaganjeet Bhullar strengthened his credentials as one of the rising stars of Asian golf as he logged a top-10 finish at the USD 6.1 million CIMB Classic here on Sunday.
Closing the week with a bogey-free four-under 67, Bhullar finished at 15-under 269 in tied 10th place.
India`s other man in the field, Anirban Lahiri suffered a double bogey on the 16th in his 69 that saw him finish at 10-under in tied 26th place.
The best Asian Tour finisher was Jbe Kruger (68) in the eighth place.
Nick Watney flirted with the possibility of a 59 as he came to the 18th tee at 11-under needing a birdie at the par-71 Mines Resort and Golf Club Course.
He ended with a bogey instead and carded 61 but that fetched him the title ahead of defending champion Bo Van Pelt (66) and Robert Garrigus (66), both of whom finished a stroke behind at 21-under.
Tiger Woods (63), Brendon de Jonge (66) and Chris Kirk (67) tied for fourth at 19-under.
Bhullar, who shot 65, 72, 65 in his first three rounds, birdied seventh, 11th, 15th and 17th and missed a handful of other chances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US