Bhullar logs a top-10 at CIMB, Watney wins title
Kuala Lumpur: India`s Gaganjeet Bhullar strengthened his credentials as one of the rising stars of Asian golf as he logged a top-10 finish at the USD 6.1 million CIMB Classic here on Sunday.
Closing the week with a bogey-free four-under 67, Bhullar finished at 15-under 269 in tied 10th place.
India`s other man in the field, Anirban Lahiri suffered a double bogey on the 16th in his 69 that saw him finish at 10-under in tied 26th place.
The best Asian Tour finisher was Jbe Kruger (68) in the eighth place.
Nick Watney flirted with the possibility of a 59 as he came to the 18th tee at 11-under needing a birdie at the par-71 Mines Resort and Golf Club Course.
He ended with a bogey instead and carded 61 but that fetched him the title ahead of defending champion Bo Van Pelt (66) and Robert Garrigus (66), both of whom finished a stroke behind at 21-under.
Tiger Woods (63), Brendon de Jonge (66) and Chris Kirk (67) tied for fourth at 19-under.
Bhullar, who shot 65, 72, 65 in his first three rounds, birdied seventh, 11th, 15th and 17th and missed a handful of other chances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble