Bhullar lying tied sixth in Worldwide Selangor Masters
Selangor (Malaysia): Looking to add to his two Asian Tour titles, Gaganjeet Bhullar moved to tied sixth with a round of two-under 70, even as Thailand`s Thaworn Wiratchant surged into a three-shot lead after the third round of the Worldwide Holdings Selangor Masters on Friday.
Bhullar was seven-under through three days and six shots behind leader Thaworn Wiratchant (68), who is at 13-under. In second place was Jesper Kennegard (67) at 10-under.
Also making the cut and showing signs of a good finish was Himmat Rai, who carded a one-under 71 to move to five-under for three days and he is tied 20th, the same as Rashid Khan (71) and Kunal Bhasin, the Indo-Australian, who also shot a 71.
Vikrant Chopra (74) slipped from overnight ninth to 30th after a round of 74 that placed him at three-under for 54 holes. Ajeetesh Sandhu (74) was tied 45th, down from tied 20th overnight. Chiragh Kumar, Feroz Ali and Gaurav Ghei missed the cut.
Bhullar opened with a birdie on first, but gave away a bogey on third. He birdied three in a row from fifth to seventh and then came another bogey on ninth to turn in two-under 34. On the back nine, he birded and bogeyed twice and ended with a 70. Bhullar had 68 and 71 on first two days.
Himmat had two birdies and two bogeys on the front nine, and then had one bogey and two birdies on the back nine in his 71. He shot 70 and 70 on first two days.
A superb four-under-par 68, courtesy a stunning inward 31, pushed the 45-year-old Thaworn on the brink of a record 14th Asian Tour title at Kota Permai Golf and Country Club in the RM1.2 million (approximately USD 395,000) tournament.
Swedish rookie Jesper Kennegard moved into second place after an impressive 67 while second round co-leader Michael Tran of Vietnam slipped back to third with American Jonathan Moore, the reigning Asian Development Tour (ADT) number one, and Filipino newcomer Jhonnel Ababa. They are five shots behind leader Thaworn.
After two birdies through seven holes, Thaworn, Asia`s number one in 2005, dropped three shots on the eighth and ninth holes before fighting back in style. A 60-foot monster putt for birdie on the 10th got him back on track as he raced clear of the field.
The unorthodox swinging Thaworn won the Queen`s Cup in June to match countryman Thongchai Jaidee for the most wins on the Asian Tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared