Bhullar overcomes triple bogey to shoot 72 in Korea
Yeoju : Gaganjeet Bhullar overcame the pain of a triple bogey to keep himself afloat with a round of one-over 72, which put him at tied 57th place at the end of the first round of the CJ Invitational hosted by KJ Choi here today.
Bhullar fought back with four birdies between the sixth and 11th holes to get back to under par. However, bogeys on 12th and 14th pushed him back once again.
Bhullar, winner of the Yeangder TPC title this year, is the only Indian in the field.
Canada`s Ryan Yip fired a flawless seven-under-par 64 to take the first round lead, while Australia`s Rick Kulacz showed that he can still play his best golf when he carded a 65 in the morning session to take a share of second place alongside 14-time Asian Tour winner Thaworn Wiratchant of Thailand at the Haesley Nine Bridges Golf Club.
Korea`s Lee Dong-hwan signed for a 66 to take fourth place, while seven-time Asian Tour winner Charlie Wi of Korea posted a 67 to take a share of fifth place with six other players that include compatriot Lee Sung, Thailand`s Chapchai Nirat and Australia`s Adam Blyth at the USD 750,000 event, which is jointly sanctioned by the Asian Tour and Korean Golf Tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs