Bhullar, Sandhu make cut at Myanmar Open
Yangon: Gaganjeet Bhullar and Ajeetesh Sandhu were the only two Indians making the cut as eight others fell by the way side at the midway stage of the Zaykabar Myanmar Open on Friday.
Bhullar, winner of two Asian Tour titles, shot even par 72 following his first round 68 and at four-under 140 for two rounds, he was tied 39th, down from overnight 20th.
Sandhu, one of the upcoming Indian pros, added a two-under 70 to his first round 71 and at three-under 141 he was tied 56th as the cut came at three-under.
Rahil Gangjee (74-68) finished with two birdies and Chiragh Kumar (74-68) had a birdie finish, but both still missed the cut by one in tied 71st place.
Other Indians missing the cut were Feroze Ali (71-73) in 96th place, Gaurav Ghei (73-72) and Himmat Rai (74-71), Sujjan Singh (73-74), Digvijay Singh (75-73) and Manav Jaini (76-76).
Scott Hend of Australia took advantage of his booming drives, shooting a five-under-par 67 to take the halfway lead.
Overnight joint leader Hend, a winner on the Asian Tour, held a one-shot lead over Thailand?s rising star Kiradech Aphibarnrat with a two-day total of 13-under-par 131 at the Royal Mingalardon Golf and Country Club.
Kiradech, who won his first Asian Tour title last year, shot a solid 66 while countryman Chinnarat Phadungsil (68) and Ben Fox (69) of the United States were a further shot back on 133 at the USD 300,000 event, returning on the Asian Tour after a one year lapse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video