Bhullar, Sandhu make cut at Myanmar Open
Yangon: Gaganjeet Bhullar and Ajeetesh Sandhu were the only two Indians making the cut as eight others fell by the way side at the midway stage of the Zaykabar Myanmar Open on Friday.
Bhullar, winner of two Asian Tour titles, shot even par 72 following his first round 68 and at four-under 140 for two rounds, he was tied 39th, down from overnight 20th.
Sandhu, one of the upcoming Indian pros, added a two-under 70 to his first round 71 and at three-under 141 he was tied 56th as the cut came at three-under.
Rahil Gangjee (74-68) finished with two birdies and Chiragh Kumar (74-68) had a birdie finish, but both still missed the cut by one in tied 71st place.
Other Indians missing the cut were Feroze Ali (71-73) in 96th place, Gaurav Ghei (73-72) and Himmat Rai (74-71), Sujjan Singh (73-74), Digvijay Singh (75-73) and Manav Jaini (76-76).
Scott Hend of Australia took advantage of his booming drives, shooting a five-under-par 67 to take the halfway lead.
Overnight joint leader Hend, a winner on the Asian Tour, held a one-shot lead over Thailand?s rising star Kiradech Aphibarnrat with a two-day total of 13-under-par 131 at the Royal Mingalardon Golf and Country Club.
Kiradech, who won his first Asian Tour title last year, shot a solid 66 while countryman Chinnarat Phadungsil (68) and Ben Fox (69) of the United States were a further shot back on 133 at the USD 300,000 event, returning on the Asian Tour after a one year lapse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490