Bhullar still second at Yeangder golf
Taipei: Indian golfers Gaganjeet Bhullar and Anirban Lahiri, who were lying inside top-five after the first round, were unable to start play in the second round due to the inclement weather that halted the proceediongs at the Yeangder Tournament Players Championship here today.
Bhullar, at six-under 66, is lying second behind leader Philippines` Angelo Que who shot 65 in the first round but could not tee off in second as thunderstorms initially forced play to be suspended at 9.33am. Lahiri was lying fifth with a 68 in first round.
Himmat Rai, tied 20th after first round, was even-par through six holes and still at same position. Ajeetesh Sandhu (73) and Chiragh Kumar (74) were yet to tee off in the second round, while Digvijay Singh (75) fell further back being three-over through six holes in the second.
As heavy rains continued to belt down at the Linkou International Golf and Country Club, tournaments officials were left with no choice but to call off play for the second round at 3pm, local time.
Only players from the morning session managed to tee off while the rest from the afternoon session will have to return tomorrow morning to resume their round which is scheduled to start at 8am.
Among the leaders, American Jason Knutzon, tied second with Bhullar, was even-par through nine holes and still held a share of second place with the Indian.
Chinese Taipei`s veteran Lu Wen-teh, a five-time Asian Tour winner provided the local cheers before the storms hit when he recorded the event`s second hole-in-one on the par-three 11th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials