Bhullar tied 66 in Portugal Open after even-par opening round
Estoril: Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar carded a roller-coaster even-par round of 72 to lie tied 66th after the opening round of the Portugal Open.
The Kapurthala golfer managed three birdies and an equal number of bogeys on the opening day of the tournament.
Off the block with a bogey, Bhullar made amends with birdies on the sixth and eighth but a dropped stroke in between had him even-par at the end of his front nine.
Bhullar`s back-nine was subdued and after stumbling to a bogey on the 11th, he found a birdie on the 16th to avoid an over-par finish.
At the top, Ireland`s Damien McGrane and Luke Goddard were tied for the lead after turning in identical cards of 64.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'