Bhullar top Indian with 68 at Myanmar Open golf
Yangon: India`s Gaganjeet Bhullar shot a four-under 68 that put him tied for 20th place after the first round in the Zaykabar Myanmar Open presented by Air Bagan.
USA`s Ben Fox shot eight-under 64 and his effort was matched by the Australian duo of Scott Hend and Wade Ormsby.
Bhullar, who had three birdies in first five holes, had five in all and one bogey in his 68.
But the next best Indian was Ajeetesh Sandhu and Feroze Ali at 71 each in tied 70th place. Sujjan Singh and Gaurav Ghei with 73 were 106th, Chiragh Kumar, Rahil Gangjee and Himmat Rai with 74 were tied 121st and Digvijay Singh (75) was 128th and Manav Jaini (76) was 135th.
Despite the shot by Indian, the scores at the Royal Mingalardon Golf and Country Club were rather low with Chinnarat Phadungsil of Thailand, a three-time Asian Tour winner, a further shot back on 65 with Asian Tour graduate Kim Gi-whan of Korea in the USD 300,000 event.
The event is returning to the Asian Tour schedule after a one-year lapse.
Fox, who is searching for his first Asian Tour victory, credited the hard work in the gym during the off-season for his fast start. He had eight birdies and no bogeys.
Hend, who is among 15 Australians in the field this week, predicts a low scoring week as he aims to end a three-year title drought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video