British Open prize money increased
The winner of next week`s British Open at Royal Liverpool will pocket 975,000 pounds ($1.66 million), a rise of 30,000 pounds on 2013.
The Royal and Ancient (R&A) organisers said in a statement on Monday that total prize money would be 5.4 million pounds ($9.19 million), 150,000 pounds up on last year.
American Phil Mickelson won the famous Claret Jug at Muirfield 12 months ago after finishing three shots ahead of Sweden`s Henrik Stenson.Japan`s Ryo Ishikawa and England`s Ross Fisher have been named as the number one and two on the reserve list in case of player withdrawals from the event that starts on July 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you