C Muniyappa wins final stage of 2014 PGTI Qualifying School
Pune: Bangalore`s C Muniyappa won the final stage of PGTI`s Qualifying School for 2014 at the Poona Club Golf Course here Friday.
Muniyappa totaled eight-under-276 for the tournament after he posted a four-over-75 in the final round on today. Karan Taunk of Jamshedpur finished second at five-under-279.
The top 38 players from the Final Qualifying Stage earned full cards for the 2014 PGTI season.
C Muniyappa (63-66-72-75) had a forgettable front-nine as he dropped four shots on the first five holes and a double-bogey on the ninth against a lone birdie on the seventh. His back-nine turned out to be much better as he picked up birdie-eagle-birdie on the 10th, 11th and 12th and thereafter dropped three bogeys.
The 37-year-old Muniyappa, said, "This win is a huge morale-booster for me as I struggled with injury and form recently. I struck the ball well for a major part of the tournament and managed recoveries from some tough situations. I was off-target today with my tee shots but managed to hang in there till the end. I made a chip-in from 30 yards for eagle on the 11th."
Karan Taunk`s (70-73-67-69) 69 in the final round helped him finish runner-up with a five-under-279 total.
Chandigarh-based American national Rahul Bakshi was a further three strokes behind in third place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother